See the list of opportunities below and check back weekly for deadline updates starting October 2024.
Local scholarships are open to Douglas High School or Douglas County graduates specifically. These are provided by local businesses and organizations to help our students who qualify based on the sponsoring organization's requirements.
Many of our local donors use the Douglas High School Common Application Packet. See this side-bar section for help assembling your CAP with a personal statement, three letters of recommendation, transcript, and general information form.
If you are a business or organization interested in offering a local scholarship, contact email@example.com to join the list of local scholarships offered to Douglas High School students.
* Denotes scholarship details are not yet available 2023-24
- Al Blythe Memorial
- Alpine Parents
- Alyce Mccracken Memorial Scholarship
- Block D Scholarship
- Brooks Family Scholarship
- C.C. Meneley Elementary School Scholarship
- Carson Valley Girls Softball Dba Carson Valley Fastpitch Scholarship
- Carson Valley Lions Scholarship
- Carson Valley Inn Scholarships
- Carson Valley Masonic Scholarship
- CVMC Healthcare Scholarship
- Carson Valley Middle School Alumni Scholarship
- Carson Valley Quilt Guild Art Scholarship
- Carson Valley Sertoma - Memorial Book Scholarship
- Carson Valley Sertoma - Vocational Scholarship
- DHS Alumni Football Scholarship*
- DHS Memorial Scholarship
- Douglas County Administrators Association Scholarship*
- Douglas County - Carson City Farm Bureau Scholarship
- Douglas County Democratic Women Scholarship
- Douglas County Prof. Educators Association Scholarship
- Douglas County Republican Women Scholarship
- Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship (Local)
- Elks Nursing Scholarship
- Elks Vocational Scholarship
- Gardnerville Elementary School Scholarship*
- Grit Scholarship
- Jacks Valley Elementary School Scholarship
- Kiwanis Club Of Carson Valley Scholarship
- Liberty Utilities Scholarship
- Mefiyi Molly Scholarship Awards
- Minden Elementary Alumni Scholarship
- Minden Fortnightly
- Mountainview Medical Health Scholarship
- Nicole Snyder Memorial Scholarship
- P.E.O., Chapter An Scholarship
- Pau-Wa-Lu Alumni Scholarships
- Pinon Hills Elementary Alumni Scholarship
- Pony Express Scholarship
- Pop Warner Alumni Scholarship*
- Robert Z. Hawkins Scholarship
- Robison, Phyllis Memorial Scholarship
- Rotary Open Scholarship
- Roy E. Smith Scholarship
- Scarselli Alumni Scholarship
- Settelmeyer, Arnold Memorial Scholarship*
- Summers, Jim Memorial Scholarship
- Timken - Sturgis Foundation Scholarship
- The Topaz Sagehens Scholarship
- Tom Stone Freedom Riders Dcsmp Scholarship
- University Women Scholarship
- Warren And Ethyln Reed Scholarship
- Western Nevada Cattlewomen Scholarship
DHS Common Application Packet:
- Make a cover sheet (sample) with your name and the name of the scholarship you're applying for.
- Complete the CAP General Application form online and print a copy for each packet you make.
- Personal Statement - modify your personal statement autobiography to fit the criteria indicated on the scholarship you're applying for.
- Recommendations - include at least three printed copies of recommendations from teachers, employers, or community members who know you (request form).
- Unofficial transcript - request a copy from firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Scholarships Applications Tips
Local scholarships may be turned in to DHS room 302 before school, at lunch, or after school. Please do not turn in applications during passing or class periods.
- Do not turn in applications in an envelope
- Please use a cover page as directed for the DHS CAP when turning in an application
- Students must sign in each application for each scholarship they apply for. This process takes a couple minutes, therefore, please plan to turn in applications before school, at lunch, or after school.
Scholarship award night will be held at LifePoint Church at 6pm on May 29, 2024. LifePoint is located 1095 Stephanie Way, Minden, NV 89423. Students receiving an award will be invited by letter delivered to 5th period by May 22.
Following announcement of your award, students are expected to write a thank you and provide their school/program information to the sponsoring organization.
Scholarship money will be mailed directly to the school you indicate on your information form. Please return your student information form directly to your donor or drop off in room 302 by June 7, 2024.
My Scholarship Planner
If you are applying for several scholarships, consider writing down and tracking the important details for each of the different scholarships. Use this "My Scholarships" planner to help you get started. Remember, it is helpful to have your application completed at least a week before it is due to fix any issues that arise with your application.
Scholarship Thank You
If you are fortunate to be the recipient of a scholarship, please be sure to write a thank you follow-up letter. To help you get started, check out Resume IO's tips.
Local scholarship opportunities are provided by DCSD elementary and middle schools, local businesses, philanthropic service and political organizations that set the criteria for selecting the recipients of their awards.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about a local scholarship or would like to contact the representative from the donating organization.